The United Way Club Connect website (unitedwayclubconnect.org) (“Website”)shares inspiring stories of volunteerism and pro-social activities with children, with the aim of inspiring them to get involved in improving their communities. Club members can learn about other children making strides to help others through a trusted, safe online environment. The Site is operated by and on behalf of the United Way, in connection with Dolphin Digital Media (collectively, “Operators,” “we,” “us”).
Personal Information and Adults
Certain features within our Website are intended for use by parents/legal guardians or teachers and not children, such as features within the Registration, My Account and School Resources sections (“Parent and Teacher Sections”). Prior to accessing these Parent and Teacher Sections, we request that users provide a date of birth in order to verify that they are eligible to access these areas.
Personal Information (such as name, email address, phone number, user name, etc.) (“Personal Information”) collected in these Parent and Teacher Sections from parents or legal guardians may include the following:
- Profile: In order to create an account with the website we ask you to provide certain personal information such as your email address, first name, last name, your child’s first name and age (which is not required, and is used only for analytics purposes), and an anonymous member name and password. This information is collected to provide you with various services that you select through our website, such as a subscription to the newsletter.
- Donations: In addition to the profile information, if you elect to use the Website to make a donation to a school, we will ask you to provide the state of the desired school and, if desired, a particular school. This information is used to ensure that the appropriate school receives the financial donation.
- Subscriptions: For purchase of an annual subscription to the website unitedwayclubconnect.org with a credit card, we request that you provide us with your full name, billing address, phone number, credit card number, card type, expiration date, and security code. This information is used by our third party partner to process the subscription transaction. We do not permit third party partners to use this personal information for any other reason, and we require that all of our partners agree to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of that information. For purchase of a subscription with a promotional card, we request that you provide us with your promotional code and full name, which is used to verify the subscription to the Website. We delete all credit card or other payment information upon fulfilling the transaction.
- Story Submissions: We also offer the opportunity for parents and teachers to submit your child’s or student’s stories for possible inclusion in the Website. We will decide, in our sole discretion, whether to make these stories available via the Website or otherwise, but prior to doing so, we will request that you sign a release form.
- School Resource Page: For teachers and other educators using the “School Resources” Page, we ask that you provide your title, school name, phone number, email address and street address. This information is used to confirm that you are school personnel and to send you the United Way Club Connect Welcome Kit.
Personal Information and Children
Our Website is intended for use by children, with the participation and supervision of a parent or legal guardian. We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). COPPA requires that website operators do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of thirteen without prior verifiable parental consent in most circumstances. We will only collect and utilize personally identifiable information from a child under the age of thirteen on the Website if we have received prior verifiable consent from such child’s parent or legal guardian as required by COPPA.
As a parent or guardian, you have the right to review any information that we have collected from your child and request that it be deleted. You also have the right to request that we not collect any additional information from your child in the future. If you would like to make any such request or if you have any question regarding our data collection practices regarding children, please contact us at: United Way Club Connect, 2151 S Le Jeune Rd, Suite 150, Coral Gables, FL 33134 by mail, (703) 828-7647 by phone, or email@example.com by email.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We use anonymous, non-personal data, such as the IP address, for internal operations, such as analyzing the effectiveness of our Website, improving our features, and for other, similar purposes. In addition, we use Google Analytics to provide us with statistical and other summary analysis of the general behavior and characteristics of users participating in our services and the characteristics of users of our Website. In doing so, we may share anonymous information with Google Analytics. That anonymous information will not allow anyone to identify you. Such information may include, but is not limited to the user’s IP address, browser type, model of machine, time that users access the site, pages that they viewed and the URL they may have referred the user to our site.
A complete list of third party operators is below. We encourage you to become familiar with their privacy policies and practices.
Third Party Links
Other Disclosures of Information
We may release personal information of adults when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, cooperate with a judicial process, enforce our site Policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety, or to take precautions against any other liability.
We may release personal information collected from children when we believe release is required by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. To the extent permitted by law, we may also release information collected from children to: (i) respond to a law enforcement or public agency’s request; (ii) enforce our site Policies; (iii) protect ours or others rights, property, or safety; and (iv) take precautions against liability.
We have implemented a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. This includes the use of a secure server and data facility. Sensitive data, such as passwords are stored in encrypted format. All information associated with a financial transaction, including credit card or other payment information, is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway provider’s database. We permit only those authorized with special access rights to such systems to access such information, and those personnel are required to keep the information confidential.
Please note that we cannot and do not guarantee the security of materials or information transmitted to us by users over the Internet or through wireless connections. We do not guarantee the security of personal information, and there is some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to circumvent our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the internet will be intercepted.
Data Retention and Deletion
We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your (and your child’s) personal information remains correct and up-to-date or choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us.
You may change, update, delete, or otherwise modify your personal information at any time using the functionalities of the Website. You may also email us using the contact information below in order to delete or update your personal information on our systems and/or remove personal information from your profile.
If you are a parent or legal guardian and are concerned about the disclosure of personal information about your child under the age of 13 that we may obtain via the Website, utilize on the Website or provide to third parties, you may review your child’s personal information, ask to have it deleted and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child’s information. If you wish to take any of the foregoing actions, please contact us.
Special Notice to California Residents
Individuals who reside in California and have provided us with their personal information may request information regarding disclosures of this information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests should be submitted to us at the following emailing address: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at our offices.
We make no representation that the Website operates (or is legally permitted to operate) in all geographic areas, or that the website or the services provided through the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Accessing the Website from territories where the Website, or any content or functionality of the Website or portion thereof, is illegal is expressly prohibited. If you choose to access the Website, you agree and acknowledge that you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk and that you are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and safety of our users, especially those who are minors. In the event that you feel threatened, harassed, or otherwise unsafe as a result of your use of the Website, report it to your parents, the authorities or us.
Third parties operating on the Website
Effective as of 10/24/2013